Took a solid hour or so to play and come to an understanding of this short story. Here's a review for all to explore and a good thumbs up recommendation to read this kinetic visual novel!
The web version is for demonstration only. For the best experience, please download before reading.
Magic and science. Past and future.
But what of the present?
The heiress of an ancient magical family uses a special camera to uncover the past — both of history, and of herself.
- Kinetic novel — no routes
- coming of age, philosophical, science fantasy
- ~7500 words
- Seven depicted characters — bust-up sprites, full voiceover
|Kelly Greenshield||Narrator / Defunct Magician||[Twitter]|
|James Halliday||Cambridge Student / British Hipster||[Twitter]|
|Spencer Hiroshi Field||Man / Young Dad||[Casting Call Club]|
|bunnyhoodie||Woman / Young Mom||[Casting Call Club]|
|Jenna Long||Boy and Girl / Small Kids||[Casting Call Club]|
|Josh Portillo||Escort / Balding Scientist||[Twitter]|
|Tim Min||direction |
|Justin Hsu||abstract & experimental art
|Eric Li||supplemental art
|MadScientist (guest)||gui design
|Kevin MacLeod (special thanks)||soundtrack contribution||[Filmmusic.io]|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Release date||Mar 14, 2021|
|Tags||Coming Of Age, First-Person, Kinetic Novel, magical-girl, mahou-shoujo, Ren'Py, Sci-fi, Singleplayer|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller|
|Links||Steam, Newgrounds, VNDB, Twitter|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Snapshot (1.0.3) for PC 160 MB
Snapshot (1.0.3) for Mac 127 MB
Snapshot Sprites [PSD] 4 MB
Snapshot Sprites [ZIP] 1 MB
- [1.0.3] Steam Release, Fixed TyposMar 24, 2021
- [1.0.2] More Fixes for PresentationMar 20, 2021
- [Free Assets] Snapshot's Sprites Available for Use!Mar 18, 2021
- [1.0.1] Small Fixes for StabilityMar 16, 2021
- [1.0.0] Official Release Day!Mar 14, 2021